An Internet of Things (IOT) end device, embedded wireless module, and chipset technical expert. Expert level technical professional. Advisor on technical knowledge and AT&T technologies. Applies user experience, software development, design, engineering, and architecture experience to create...
Sr. Solutions Architect - IoT
Position eligible for immigration sponsorship: No
An Internet of Things (IOT) end device, embedded wireless module, and chipset technical expert. Expert level technical professional. Advisor on technical knowledge and AT&T technologies. Applies user experience, software development, design, engineering, and architecture experience to create high-value technical solutions and products for the Internet of Things.
• Convert business requirements into functional development documents
• Research and prototype new tools and technologies to meet new business requirements and evolving technical requirements.
• Provide innovative solutions to technical challenges
• Evaluate and implement solutions and technologies for team adoption
• Assess and communicate status, issues, risks and deliverables to stakeholders
• Be the “go-to” team member in your domain(s) for application design and patterns
• Assist teams by hands-on coding including but not limited to: proof-of-concepts, code samples, and application infrastructure/frameworks
• Partnering with the stakeholders develop strategy, preform product presentations, whiteboards, participate in proof of concepts.
• Listen, understand, and analyze the prospect's business requirements and compose, validate, and present solutions
• Define POC/POV or custom demonstration scenarios
• Lead teams of Systems Engineers on implementation of POC/POV's and custom demos.
• Deep knowledge base in LTE technology specifically in radio/RF and signaling stack.
• Existing knowledge in LTE-M and NB-IOT highly desired.
• Understanding of short range wireless technologies and how they can compete with or enhance a cellular solution (Zibgee, WiFi, BT)
• Understanding of Unlicensed Low Power Wide Area technologies (Sigfox, Ingenu, LORA) and how they differ with licensed technologies (LTE-M and NB-IoT)
• Proficient in legacy UMTS and 2G wireless technologies
• 5G wireless knowledge based desired
• Competent in wireless chipset features and functions
• Deep familiarity with major chipset and module partners we deal with today (Qualcomm, Altair, Sequans, Sierra, Telit, Gemalto, u-blox)
• Deep familiarity with top IOT device partners (Example CalAmp, Cradlepoint, Sierra, others? ) in key verticals (asset tracking, security, modems, routers, computing, and many others)
• Knowledge of key mechanical and environmental specifications for industrial and enterprise IOT devices (Example IP66, IP67 ratings, Shock, Vibration)
• Knowledge in hardware and sensor interfaces (analog, GPIO, SPI, I2C etc)
• Awareness of certification from a regulatory, industry and carrier requirements perspective